Scroll to Top

Does Progressive Speech Pathology require a Doctor's referral?

Progressive Speech Pathology requires a General Practitioner (GP) referral for the following:

Rebatable services under a Medicare Chronic Disease Management (CDM) Plan [formerly Enhanced Primary Care (EPC) Plan]

Bulk-billed services through the Department of Veterans' Affairs (DVA)

A referral from an Ear, Nose & Throat (ENT) Specialist is required prior to Speech Pathology voice care.

A Doctor's referral is required for a Modified Barium Swallow (MBS) examination.


Contact PSP


PO Box 3133 Grose Vale NSW 2753

Phone / Fax

m: 0413 051 899 / f: 02 4572 2866